The Difference Between Arabica And Robusta Coffee Beans
You must have often seen your coffee labeled Arabica and Robusta, but the question is do you actually know the difference between these two distinctive coffee beans? You might say, how does it even matter, as all coffee beans just have a similar appearance and moreover caffeine present in them does its job to give us an instant boost to our day.
Well, in the world of coffee, not all coffee beans are the same. Every species has its own distinct flavors, benefits, and characteristics. And out of hundreds of species available in the world, Arabica and Robusta coffee beans have declared their supremacy by attracting a humongous crowd towards them.
Let us learn in detail the various characteristics and benefits offered by these two extraordinary coffee beans.
ARABICA COFFEE BEANS
Arabica Coffee Beans are most popularly known as Coffea Arabica, and before we dive in deep to understand Arabica Coffee Beans, let us first learn how it originally got its name.
Coffee beans Arabica got its name around the seventh century when the bean traversed the Red Sea from Ethiopia to existing Yemen and lower Arabia, thus the word "Arabica."
These coffee beans are grown high up in the mountains at a height of 2.5m to 4.5m and are picked up individually. This in turn contributes to the rich taste of coffee. Each Arabica coffee bean contains 2% caffeine per volume and a reasoned amount of acidity.
The contour of Arabica coffee beans is oval. When compared to Robusta beans, they have approximately 60% more lipids and double the sugar. As a result, Arabica coffee beans have a complex yet subtle flavor to them. They're sweet and have a berry-like taste and aroma to them.
Apart from their delicious taste Arabica coffee beans have several health benefits to them, like
- They are rich in antioxidants, which help in fighting free radicals present in our body and eliminate the risk of cancers and also protect our heart.
- It has an adequate amount of caffeine that helps you stay awake, whether it is a night before examination or for your big meeting, without causing that jittery feeling.
- We all know how important it is for the human body to remain hydrated, and Arabica coffee beans positively contribute to that as it contains 95% water.
- They also aid in the reduction of blood glucose, salt, and high potassium levels in the body.
- They prove to be helpful when added to skincare products, as they assist in boosting collagen production.
ROBUSTA COFFEE BEANS
What is the first thought that crosses your head when you first hear the term Robusta Coffee Beans? Let us make it easier for you. Robusta coffee beans get their name from the word ‘robust’ which means strong and healthy, which are also the primary characteristics of Robusta Coffee Beans.
Robusta coffee beans are tough and resistant to pests, and they may grow in any environment without any intensive care. When compared to Arabica coffee beans, they have a round shape and a darker tint.
They have a strong and bitter flavor because of their high caffeine content, which ranges from 2-4 percent. They also have a pleasant scent.
Robusta is a resilient shrub or small tree that can reach a height of 10 meters. It can take up to 11 months for the beans to mature
Following are a few of the several benefits offered by Robusta Coffee Beans.
- A morning cup of Robusta coffee, with its high caffeine concentration, provides enough energy to get through the day's frantic tasks.
- It appears to be an excellent source of energy as well as a means of improving mental wellness.
- It's jam-packed with antioxidants. As a result, it can be utilized in skin and hair treatments to provide a variety of benefits while keeping them healthy and shining.
- Robusta coffee beans' diuretic influence is an excellent source of nausea relief.
- It has a sugar level that ranges from 0.9 to 4.85 percent, which aids in weight loss.
We bring you the finest of both worlds at Chariot, hand-picked from the highest quality Arabica and Robusta coffee beans from throughout the world. To get an enriched taste and aroma, get your hands on our Signature Coffee Blend Medium Roast Coffee Beans and Arabica Coffee Beans.